Little Ones Rock for Better Hearing & Speech Month!
Category : Better Hearing & Speech Month , Blog , Language, Literacy & Learning , Little Ones Rock
May is Better Hearing & Speech Month
Each May, Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists along with the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), strive to increase awareness of speech, language, hearing, communication development/disorders and the services available for newborns to our most golden seniors.
A Month Filled with Activities & Events
Children’s Communication Center is proud that our Director and Founder, Lori Savage Grayson, is again serving as an ASHA Ambassador for Better Hearing & Speech Month (BHSM). With that said, she planned a month filled with activities and events, online and in the community!
- Daily posts related to speech, language, hearing, learning, and communication development and disorders and how a Speech-Language Pathologist and Audiologist can help your family.
Find Our Little Ones Rock
- #BSHM #LittleOnesRock #BeRocks from #AtoZ ready to be found by your family. Our Little Ones Rock are filled with words of inspiration, positive thinking, encouragement, and imagination.
Take Your Parents to the Playground
- Our 2nd Annual celebration of Take Your Parents to the Playground Day focusing on the art of playing both outdoors and indoors in the lives of our children.
Our Little Free Libraries Are Turning ONE!
- Celebrate our 1 year anniversary for our three Little Free Library units at Winthrop Park’s playground!
- This first year’s tremendous success continues as we focus on early language development, literacy, and learning through family reading time!
Be sure to admire the gorgeous art, thanks to a local artist and friend, Peter Koenig, member of BAET Collective.
- Our Little Free Libraries are simply your neighborhood indie book stop, so ‘Share a book & Borrow a book’ as often as you’d like.
- Watch for our Philanthropy Shares this month!
- We are thrilled to announce we featured six events in April for Autism Awareness month and painted more than 500 Little Ones Rock for local events.
- Just wait to see what we do for BHSM.